Re: [LUG] hk-classes and knoda

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 16:53, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Are there any experts out there on knoda and hk-classes?
>
> I am using knoda as a front-end to mysql. I am still learning about it.
> (I have worked with databases for many years so I mean that I am
> learning about knoda and hk-classes).
>
> I am testing a setup with a form using two linked tables. The tables
> are 'sales' and 'products' I have set up the relationship all right as
> far as I can see. For each field on the form I have to select from two
> datasources. This was the first surprise. I expected to have just one
> datasource available showing all the columns from both tables. The
> choice is between
>
> A. sales
> B. products [sales]
>
> Using A I get only the columns in sales.
> Using B I get only the columns in products.
>
> Second surprise. I would have expected to have all the columns from both
> tables available to me from at least one of the datasources, which is
> how it worked when I was using  Paradox. I can't seem to find any way
> round this.
>
> Any pointers or suggestions from anyone please?
Sorry about the last accidental reply to this!!
Have you tried populating the depending on and masterfield fields  which you
can use to tell Knoda the tables are linked and how - or possibly write a
view or stored procedure to give you the details you want?
Failing that we could meet up and have a play - off list?
Tom te tom te tom