Re: [LUG] printer kaput

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:22:21 +0100
james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello james,

> > If you're anti-HP, take a look at http://www.linuxprinting.org,
> Thanks. I am not anti-HP - why might I be?? I looked at

Could be one of many reasons.  I'm anti Canon, for example, because of
two printers I had of theirs, the first went faulty after 6 weeks, and
its replacement (the second Canon) died after just after the warranty
expired.  Bloomin' awful record for something that was used twice a
moth, at most, to print about 4-6 pages each time.

> http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/SuggestedPrinters
> and for my use, with non-fade ink!!!! the Stylus C8x seems best. I
> will explore the on-line shops for one.

I know you've recommendations about suppliers, but if you want lowest
price, and aren't too bothered about after-sales support (probably
non-existent for a Linux user, anyway) http://www.kelkoo.co.uk is a
price comparison site that I find useful.  It's easier than trawling
through umpteen websites yourself, looking for the best deals.

> Many thanks all. Sorry about the personal reply that went to the list!

Didn't bother me, and little sensitive (your telephone no. IIRC), and
no personal, stuff was in it.

--
 Regards  _

It's becoming an obsession
Teenage Depression - Eddie & The Hot Rods