[LUG] Royal Marines Commando Challenge DCGLUG Team

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone from the DCGLUG list would be interested in
taking part in the Royal Marine Commando Challenge?

One of the event organisers came into where I work today to talk about
the event.  From what he was saying it sounded like there was lots of
people entering in teams and this got me thinking about the
possibility of a DCGLUG team?

I thought this might be away of getting the message out about Linux,
and also a great way of getting all muddy and having fun.

There are two challenges going on.  One challenge is a 3 mile fun
challenge on Saturday 13th Oct 07 (this is about all I could handle!)
and a 7 mile Marine challenge on 14th Oct 07.

Would anyone be interested in getting a team together?

The minimum sponsorship is £30 per person.  From what I understand the
event is already 1/3 full and the closing date for entry is 17th
September 07.

The official web site is at www.commandochallenge.co.uk

Ta,

Rob