Re: [LUG] Amusing

> I frequently come across the site on google whilst looking for things php or
> java related.  They
> block the page you come across in your search result and attempt to mask the
> page to encourage
> you to sign up for one of their paid accounts.  What some of us noticed
> recently is that the Google
> cached version actually contains the full text : )  It made me chuckle...

Through Wikipedia I found an even neater* solution, by using a Firefox
plugin (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59) that lets
you tell the website your browser is a Google bot.

* of course, spoofing the user agent isn't neat at all, but delivering
different content to Google than to human visitors is worse. In fact,
in the past Google has blocked sites (Body Shop, a.o., and, IIRC, BMW)
that have used this trick.

I was, by the way, quite surprised that doing a search on the site
redirects you to Google. Certainly, a site with so many experts
"working" for it, would know how to build an internal search tool.

Martijn.