Re: [LUG] OT Printing Costs

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 17:06, james kilty wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 16:46 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
> about 2 sites.
> Thinking about quality of ink, rather than cost, I print my own honey
> labels and it would appear that some of the ink I use fades in daylight
> - not direct sun.
I once produced some fantastic posters for a concert and two days after them
going up the sunhit ones were all blank - they were UV resistant but not heat
resistant in very hot display cabinets!
Anyone know where they get the invisible ink for receipts these days?

The original post (IIRC) said the printouts were for proofing. That presumably
means they wont have to actually be 'print quality' just legible enuf for
reading the text easily - and annotating. So print cheap (b+w on recycled?)
and then the general appearance can be checked on screen.
Save any quality printing for the last run - if necessary.
Tom te tom te tom