Re: [LUG] Laptop and Software for Film Editing

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Anton Channing wrote:
>> Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>>> The only thing I can recommend is cinelerra - but it's pretty ugly!
>>> Have a go, it might be what you need :D
>>  From the sounds of it, I'll probably get a Mac.
>> I need something fairly professional, and it
>> won't hurt me to have a third operating system
>> type available for checking websites and things
>> anyway.
>
> I assume that any professional app will be the same but make sure you
> have *loads* of memory and a good processor to boot. Cinelerra is ulgy
> but it does support professional type features.

Hmm.  Maybe I should have a play with it on
my desktop before deciding which laptop to
get.  Of course, to do that I'll need to get
some kind of hardware interface that allows
me to connect the HDR-FX1 to my PC.  As far
as I can tell my PC does not currently have
a compatible interface.

It needs a connection called an i.LINK
(IEEE1394).  Its a damn good camera, but
seems to come with some proprietary tie
in 'features'. :/

Anton