Re: [LUG] Noisy power fan

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> The fan in the power unit of my pc is making an infernal racket. I have removed
> the power supply unit, opened it up and emptied it of dust. Fan still making an
> racket. I think that the fan is somehow vibrating
>
> Any ideas on how to prevent this noise much appreciated

I'm not a hardware *expert* but I'd say it sounds like the bearings are
going.  If others agree with me I'm afraid the only real choice is a new
PSU.  If I wasn't the wrong side of the Severn Bridge you could have the
one I just bought by mistake [1] :)  However if you have a quick trip to
www.ebuyer.com you'll find them there to suit all pockets :)

Kind regards,

Julian

[1]  Mental note:  check the &^%$@#ing thing is plugged in before