[LUG] CMS recomendations

Hi everyone,

The site i have been playing with recently, i think could do with
being moved to a CMS type system.

I know this is a bit vague but any recommendations?, I want the site
to look more or less as it does now and not have lots of special tabs
and buttons to do loads of things that I have some times seen on CMS
systems.

The other think that is very important is I currently have little php
scripts that do things like display the next seminar or the next 5
events. (Thanks guys for the help with the SQL with this). I presume i
can create custom modules that can then be inserted with a special tag
in to a page, is that how these things work.  Can i keep my existing
databases etc?  I also have member only sections to the site with
member only downloads of PDF's etc all of which is required.

I just want to end up with a system that is maintainable by someone
who does not have to sit and code through php and html .

The website in question is www.ukmagsoc.org.uk ,lets hope this doesn't
cause a slashdot type effect :-)

Any advice please

--