Re: [LUG] What a vista!

On Jun 02, 2007, CHRISTOPHER BERRY was like:

> It is resolved! Grandad put his foot down with a firm hand and the
> router is directly connected to his computer

You can't beat a length of wire for reliability.

> The adapter is the Belkin F5D7051

I had hoped to find it in http://linux-wless.passys.nl which is a pretty
comprehensive list but it has only the 7050 which is a different chipset.
I found a post that suggested it might be the Broadcom 4320 and if so you
might find a driver in http://bcm43xx.berlios.de but the Trago Mills route
sounds a better idea.

I've not found that wireless cards are easy in Linux. Eg I was trying out
Damn Small Linux and they have a list of adapters that are guaranteed to
work. So I bought a Netgear WG511T and it didn't. After fruitless
correspondence in the forum I found it worked straight away in DSL-N.

Tony