Re: [LUG] What a vista!

Dear Tony,
It is resolved! Grandad put his foot down with a firm hand and the router is directly connected to his computer and Ubuntu recognised it immediately whilst the young'uns have the USB adapter on their XP computer and it is accepting signals happily - no need for me to set up at all!!
Now to sort out my scanner which is NOTORIOUS for being difficult in Linux!
Thanks for the concern!
The adapter is the Belkin F5D7051 which appears on many sites as something of a problem!
I do seem to pick them!
Grandad Christopher

Tony Sumner <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 02, 2007, christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx was like:

> whilst grandad is elsewhere connected via the USB Network Adapter, BUT
> though fine in Vista,it will not work in Ubuntu and so I am offline!!

I feel for him. Could you give us more details of the USB wireless adapter?

Tony Sumner