Re: [LUG] Open Source Tories [WAS: Wind Turbines]

Ben Goodger wrote:
> On 5/29/07, Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote some things.
> Now I understand why the Tories like Linux - it produces less CO2 than
> Windows, after all...

Wow.  I didn't think you were serious about that
at first, but you are right, the Tories claim they
want to level the playing field for open source
software in the public sector.  I must have been
asleep somewhere along the line and missed that.

http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=135394

Of course, for them the benefit is to cut costs
and help deliver the lower taxes they always
promise.  And most big businesses and corporations
like lower taxes and so are prepared to support
such a move.

Its good to see market forces doing something
positive!  Not that I'll be voting for them,
but at least something good will come out of
it if they do get in.

Anton