Re: [LUG] Data centres - money mouth etc

Simon Waters wrote:
> However that is only a small dent in my carbon footprint. I suspect
> heating, fridges, freezers, and my computing habit make up most of the
> carbon emission from the house. Ideas welcome, but I want economic ideas
> first, i.e. things that pay for themselves in a reasonable time scale
Ecotricity (www.ecotricity.co.uk) will price-match your area's
"standard" supplier's standard tariff for about 26% wind power form
their own turbines.  They will make that up to 100% renewable from other
suppliers for just a little extra cost.  As far as I know they are much
more proactive than the other green energy suppliers at building new
wind turbines.  And no, I'm not being paid, just a happy customer :).

Steve