Re: [LUG] [OT] Thunderbird Email Folders

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 22:43, james kilty wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 21:11 +0100, Anton Channing wrote:
> > unlike
> > Evolution which I had no luck with on that
> > score.
>
> Strange, this seems the default for me in both SUSE 10.0 and (K)Ubuntu.
> james kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

What is? Neither Evolution nor Thunderbird is the default mail client in
Kubuntu - it uses the KDE mail client, kmail, although, as has been the way
with KDE for a couple of years, it is hidden in the Kontact PIM suite.
Personally, I find that annoying, as I don't use the PIM. But you can add
kmail to your start menu easily enough - but as I have mentioned to the devs
in the past, it is not something a new user would understand. They would
simply not find their mail client. A minus point for Kubuntu (and KDE in
general) there imho.
Mark