Re: [LUG] Hosworthy Memorial Hall

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 09:16, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> So I thought, here is a golden opportunity to spread the word. Is
> anyone else in the area interested or could help, advise? I have used
> Linux myself for about 6 years now, but no way does that make me an
> expert.

I'm not in the area, but I think there are at least a handful of LUG members
in and around North Devon.

How about starting by hosting a meeting there? I'd suggest you invite the guy
along, show him a live-CD running, answer any questions he has then the group
can talk through possible options with him - maybe even install Linux on one
of the machines at the same time.

Really if he's a Windows trainer, there's not going to be a lot he needs to
learn; the desktop fundamentals are the same and he's not going to need any
command-line or sysadmin knowledge to teach the basics to newbies. Just
things like configuring the system (with the distro's graphical tools),
installing packages, etc.

If you could make it a regular meeting venue, that'd be great for LUG members
in the area and for Geoff, who'd have a regular opportunity to learn more and
ask any questions he has.

Regards.
David.

--