Re: [LUG] Ubuntu & Vista

christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Posted by "berry christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Dear friends,
> I feel like someone who ought to be in sack cloth and ashes BECAUSE 'the old
> computer' finally bit the dust at the end of last week and I have bought a new one
> from PC WORLD - Acer Aspire small footprint variety - excellent little thing but
> set up in Vista Prof.
> Now, the crunch question is, will there be any problems if I try and dual boot
> with Ubuntu?
> Cheers,
> Christopher.

Oh dear, why do people buy from PC World? They are the most useless
rip-off computer retailers ever!

What's wrong with buying online from HP, Dell, ebuyer.com,
novatech.co.uk, misco.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk, etc, etc where you will
get more choice, a better price, the same level of service (cos PC World
are crap) and you'll know what's in your machine! If you need it
urgently you can get next day delivery and it'll still be cheaper than
PC World. You can even opt for one without an operating system so that
you can put your old windows XP or a distro of Linux on it.