[LUG] brctl & startup

Hi,

I've been playing around with a packet capture project for a while
now, the idea is to make a silent cap device (which works as a
switch), with a rolling packet log - all of which i've sorted through
brctl & pcap.  I was just wondering, is it possible to do the
following, but via changes in /etc/network/interfaces:

brctl addbr sw0
brctl addif sw0 eth0
brctl addif sw0 eth1
brctl addif sw0 eth2
brctl addif sw0 eth3
brctl stp sw0 on

Thing is, if I type the above manually, all works fine.  If I use it
in a script, which I link to the relevant rc.d it run the script at
startup but hangs when it adds the first eth to the bridge.  Bear in
mind i've killed all relevant (conflicting) bits like dhcp etc. from
the startup.