[LUG] Evolution Delete Messages from Server

Hi guys,

I wondered why I stopped receiving the posts from this list, turns out
my mail server was full. So I was hoping that someone knew of a way of
getting Evolution to delete mail from the server when I delete it in
Evolution or empty the Deleted Items.

I've seen that there's an option to remove mail from the server when
downloading it for the first time, but this leaves no back-up for me of
important mail.

Maybe Thunderbird supports this?

Thanks,
Andy