Re: [LUG] Ubuntu guide

On 5/7/07, Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know several people use Ubuntu variants on the list, so thought it worth
mentioning a very useful list of how-tos for 7.04. There are similar lists on
the same site for other releases as well. Very easy to follow, each topic
easily found and explained step by step. Covers things like installing
various programs (e.g java, wine etc) , different desktops - including
setting up beryl etc for those who want it, hardware things such as setting
up mouse buttons on those mice with extra buttons, mounting partitions (e.g
windows ones with read or read/write permissions) and many other topics.
Well worth a look for those using Ubuntu and variants.

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty

Mark

Easy to use if you're not a thickie beginner.  Most of it is unintelligable to me.  Not only the  what to do, but what it does is away beyond me.   Perhaps in a year or two I shall understond maore than a little of it.   Robin

-