Re: [LUG] set top box /usb

Tom Potts wrote:
> The misses wants freeview and I wouldnt mind being able to play with tv on the
> pc.
> Is there such a thing as a set top box with usb/ethernet - I doubt if I'll be
> allowed to play with a PC in the living room while she watches something!
> Tom te tom te tom

Try http://www.toppy.org.uk/

It is a Freeview PVR box that has USB and from what I can tell supports
the standard USB mass storage device drivers.  From what I was reading a
few people using Linux have got it working with a PC so you can copy
over videos etc and also add .TAP files to enhance the capability of the
machine.

Other than that Humax do a PVR box (80GB I think) for about £200 that
has USB but from what I understand without a bit of hacking it will not
transfer stuff to Linux, only Windows.

Rob