Re: [LUG] DVB-T Scan file problem

Simon Robert wrote:
> Kevin Lucas wrote:
>
>> Rob.
>>
>>      As I live below the Mast a Minions, we get All the Arqiva (NTL) guys in
>> the Shop so I asked re your scan file.
>>
>>      if we have the Headdings of you scan file correctly
>>
>> Freq.  Channel.  FEC ?Offset  ModualtionCarrier guard  ?
>> try these lines
>>
>>  T 794000000 8MHz (5/3 or 20/12) NONE QAM64 2K 1/32 NONE
>>
>>  T 770000000 8MHz (5/3 or 20/12) NONE QAM64 2K 1/32 NONE
>>
>> Regards

>>> I just used the Crystal Palace tuning file, which works fine for me, although
>>> it looks like I'm tuned to Stockland Hill rather than Beacon Hill, so I'm not
>>> sure if it'll work for you. There's just one line in the Crystal Palace
>>> tuning file:
>>> T 505833333 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE
>>>
>>> I also have a file for Beacon Hill, but I can't tune in with it. Here it is
>>> anyway:
>>> T 884000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE
>>>

>>> Hope this helps!
>>>

> you could try using kaffeine which doesn't need a scan file as it will
> do the scan for you when you select the correct satellite, then maybe
> read the generated file. There are some scan tools on the linux-dvb site
> also for generating the file.
>
>  Also unless you have a sky card, and digibox,  you won't get c4 and c5
> as sky encrypts them. You need a card, though not a subscription. ITVs 1
> 2 3 and 4 should be accesable, also film 4.
>
> Simon

I haven't got a satellite card yet, a Sky installer came around and said
that the trees were blocking the line of sight to 28.2 (even though I
could get 19.2).  I'm going to have another go probably this weekend, if
it doesn't work I'll give up on the idea and just get a Freeview PVR box
(and take it to bits so I can attach a USB to IDE interface).

Rob