[LUG] ncftp

Firstly thanks for pointing me to ncftp its great! and I have used it
quite a bit

I have run in to a problem that I just can't make out what is going on
with ncftp.

I can't log in to a particular ftp server with ncftp. "ftp" works from
the server and filezilla is working from my desktop to that site but
ncftp reports :-

robin@thefatcontroller:~$ ncftp www.mysite.com
NcFTP 3.2.0 (Aug 05, 2006) by Mike Gleason (http://www.NcFTP.com/contact/).
Connecting to xx.yy.zz.aa...
ProFTPD 1.2.5 Server (ProFTPD) [ftp.ftpserver.com]
Login incorrect.
Sleeping 9 seconds...

(with names and ipaddress changed)

i have also tried starting ncftp with the -u and -u and -p options to
force a username and password but get the same message.

I am sure its somthing I am doing wrong but just cannot see what.

Thanks!

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk