Re: [LUG] Ralink drivers and sky wireless netgear modem.

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Roberts
Sent: 20 April 2007 16:35
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Ralink drivers and sky wireless netgear modem.

Hi,

I don't know about your hang-up problems, which are obviously the immediate
concern! but once you get past that try the new Gnome-network-manager. It
reportedly has good support for the WPA out of the box; also I've got a
laptop running Ubuntu edgy and my ralink card works out of the box though in
the past I got it to run using the drivers from:

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

on debian. Maybe you'll have some luck here?

Maybe try switching to a virtual terminal (ctrl-alt-F1) and killing x and
try to edit the configs from the command line with nano or vi.

Sorry I can't be more help,

Jon

Yeah, I got my drivers there too but I was specifically using the rt61 not
the rt2x00 drivers.
My hardware scan reports rt61 as the onboard chip.
Can't switch to virtual console . Even starting up in init 3/text mode I get
the hang up.
Think I might use ubuntu to back up my config files and drivers from my home
directory using it as the live disc then install and try again editing it to
suit.

Off for the weekend so it will have to wait.

Ray.