Re: [LUG] DVB-T Scan file problem

On Thursday 19 April 2007 16:19, Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After giving up on the Satellite TV problems today, I decided to have
> another go getting my DVB-T PCI card tuned in.  I used a UK wide generic
> scan file which I found a while back (and I believe I posted it to the
> list a while back).  I couldn't get anything using this file so I
> decided to further investigate how to create my own file.
>
> Now I've managed to setup a file that detects most of the services on
> Freeview but not the ITV/Channel 4 services.
>
> The contents of my scan file for Beacon Hill are as follows:
>
> T 722000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE
> T 794000000 8MHz 2/3 1/2 QAM64 2K 1/32 NONE
> T 770000000 8MHz 2/3 1/2 QAM64 2K 1/32 NONE
> T 738000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE
> T 754000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE
> T 818000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE
>
> Now I think the problem is with the second and third lines in the file
> which are the Digital 3 & 4 and SDN muxes.  If I am correct this is what
> ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 etc are on.
>
> I've tried playing around with the settings but I can't get these two
> muxes to tune in although they are received okay on my freeview box.
> This leads me to believe that I may have set them up ever so slightly
> incorrectly.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else on the list (ideally in Torbay) has
> managed to tune ITV etc in using a Freeview stick or card, and if so,
> could you e-mail me over your channels configurations or scan files please?
>
> Cheer's
>
> Rob

I just used the Crystal Palace tuning file, which works fine for me, although
it looks like I'm tuned to Stockland Hill rather than Beacon Hill, so I'm not
sure if it'll work for you. There's just one line in the Crystal Palace
tuning file:
T 505833333 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE

I also have a file for Beacon Hill, but I can't tune in with it. Here it is
anyway:
T 884000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE

Hope this helps!
--

140cf42384f90b8c349b67457b907115

Public PGP key at http://www.jameshallam.info/files/publicpgpkey.txt