Re: [LUG] OT: Satellite TV installers

Eion MacDonald wrote:
> Are you pointed at the right area of the sky. The cone is a very narrow
> angle?

I think we're pointing the fairly the right direction.  The dish is
facing east at the moment but at a slight angle so we can pick up 19.2
(Astra 1 which has lots of German channels on it).  We're going to have
another go today, I've managed to borrow a Sky box and I was reading up
that once the Sky box locks onto network 0002 then it has found the
satellite.

Touch wood we should be able to get it working.
> Are you getting reflections from  another building  or a building
> blocking line of sight to satellite?

There aren't any buildings behind us, just trees.  A few of the
neighbours have Sky installed though so I think the trees aren't
blocking the signal.

Rob