Re: [LUG] OT: Satellite TV installers

Hi folks,

This is an off topic question I was hoping someone might be able to
help/recommend someone?

My dad has fitted a satellite dish for me (Sky dish) but we can't seem
to get it to pick up the standard Free to Air channels on the satellite
that Sky Digital uses.  We have managed to pick up German and Italian
channels (great, but I can't understand a word they say).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any Sky/Ariel installers or could
recommend a company in the Torbay (Torquay/Chelston) area?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi Rob

How old is the reciever? I was aware there were issues with some of the
older systems not being able to pick up the sky digital signals, also make
sure you are on the correct satelitte as there are a few very close together
that might give the impression its an astra satellite but in fact its one of
the others (hotbird I think).

cheers
Charlie