Re: [LUG] Kubuntu Problem

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 11:45, john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Posted by "John Hansen" <john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> I have Kubuntu 6.06 installed and am without success attempting to install
> 3 programmes:
>
> 1.Gnucash
>
> 2.KMyMoney or perhaps KMyMoney2
>
> 3.Wine
>
> I have tried using Adept manager but although I have succeeded in
> installing Firefox and Thunderbird the above programmes elude me. Is there
> another way to install these programmes?
> Simple advice most welcome
>

> John (Bude)
> --

John,
Seeing Peters second post made me look again at your question. I notice you
are using Adept. By that, do you mean the actual full blown Adept - from the
System section of your menu, or do you mean the less useful version which is
in its own little section of the menu called Add/Remove programs?
I would recommend the more powerful version if possible - still easy enough
but it lists everything, rather than a few selected programs.

If you selected to install one of these programs - say Gnucash - did it
attempt to install? Just wondering, because some programs need input during
the installation and, by default, you may not see that. If you get the box
comes up with the progress bar during the install, it is worth clicking the
Details button which is on the right, just below the progress bar I think.
That will show if extra input is needed.

Mark