Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:58:32 +0100

It's been suggested that we should choose a logo for DebConf7, to go on
the t-shirts/proceedings/advertising etc.  It would be better to have a
logo that looks good printed in one colour in outline, though it's fine
to have a colour version as well.  It would be a plus to include, or
look good next to, the Debian swirl.

The traditional way to represent Edinburgh is by a castle; if someone
can draw a nice cartoon version of a castle, then that could be fine for
a logo.

For inspiration on that front, see e.g.

http://www.rosslyntemplars.org.uk/images/EdinLogo.jpg
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/CEC/CorporateServices/CorporateCommunications/coatofarms/Image144.gif
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/2b/180px-Edinburgh-coa.png
http://www.geo.ed.ac.uk/home/tour/edincrest.gif

As another possibility, the traditional symbol for Scotland is a
thistle; if you don't know what those look like see e.g.

http://www.visitscotland.com/aboutscotland/UniquelyScottish/Thistle
http://www.hebridean-island-images.com/Nature/images/Scottish%20Thistle%
20(NATF%200032).jpg

We could also go down the tourist-theme-park route and use e.g. the Loch
Ness monster / a furry haggis / bagpipes even if they're not really
Scottish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagpipes#History).

Suggestions / logo submissions?

--

Neil Williams