Re: [LUG] Feed Readers

> I think decent email clients are hard enough without putting web
> technology in the way as well. Squirrelmail covers the essentials, and
> has a good extensible framework.

I'll take a look at Squirrelmail...

> Zimbra tries to do too much with web technology, and so is massive
> overkill as an email client, but would probably be my second choice.

Zimbra has a complicated license from what I understand, not that it
would effect me too badly and if I can't find something better/more
appropriate then I might give it a go.

> Feedreaders are relatively easy to write if you don't want a zillion
> supported media formats, so I guess the question is what do you want it
> to do, over and above getting feeds.

Lol...depends on  your coding experience?! I'm not sure I'd have too
much of a clue where to start! Although, if someone could point me in
the right direction I might have a crack because it could be fun to
learn :D

I'd like it to catagorise feeds somehow, and being webbased some sort
of AJAX might be nice so one didn't have to constantly refresh the
page to see new arrivals...not so worried about supported media
formats, at least not in the beginning if I'm going to attempt to
write one!

In case anyone was wondering why: I prefer web based services because
I'm quite often accessing from a number of different services, makes
my life easier this way. And I want FOSS for it because if I'm trying
to use all (or nearly all :P) FOSS on my own system, that should
extend to the web too...

Jon