Re: [LUG] Installation on FSFE card on Debian Lenny

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 01:52:15PM +0100, Michael Mortimore wrote:
> > -   I had not kept sufficient notes for all my installations (on paper), and I
> >     wanted to blow some of these away.
> notes? what for?

I keep notes on my system for the following reasons
-   Any particular setup commands, just in case there is a disaster.
-   Any particular command line instructions that I do not use that often

So for example I have
-   The partition system for my disk
-   The Xwindows set up data
-   The programs I use
-   The instructions for loading java
-   How to burn backup DVDs from the commandline
-   etc etc

ie so that if there is a problem I can recreate my machine very quickly. Even
if not connected to the web. It also means that I know what I have done, when.

--
Henry
Sun Apr 15 16:13:02 BST 2007