[LUG] Installation on FSFE card on Debian Lenny

I blew away my version of Etch and installed Debian lenny from scratch. The
main reasons for doing this was two fold

-   I had not kept sufficient notes for all my installations (on paper), and I
    wanted to blow some of these away.
-   I wanted to ensure that all my obsolete librarys etc (from using apt-get)
    were removed

In short: installation was very smooth with the following exceptions

-   I used the latest daily build netinst. This had two minor bugs
    -   It kept asking me after each step if I wanted to abort the installation
    -   I could not find the reportbug installation command. I think I have
        found it now and will report later
    -   (I also could not install grub but had to use lilo... not sure why)

-   I had problems installing my FSFE card reader. Contrary to instructions I
    had to install
    -   libpcsclite-dev (the instruction say this is only required if you are
        NOT using a USB reader)
    -   In addition to libusb-dev
    I then had to reboot to ensure the card reader worked

    (I also had to copy across my old public and private keys to .gnupg/secring.gpg)

Tasks still to go

-   Installation of my printer, java and mplayer

My perception is that lenny boot is quicker than etch

--
Henry
Sat Apr 14 19:50:47 BST 2007