Re: [LUG] re Kubuntu 7.04 Beta

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 08:18 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:

> Do Ubuntu users have to update their entire distro from a CD / iso
> image or can you migrate to the latest Ubuntu with 'apt-get update ;
> apt-get dist-upgrade' as you can in Debian? (I don't see why this
> shouldn't work in Ubuntu.)

On the page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FeistyUpgrades
the instructions tell you how. (Links active there not in this email).

Quoting:
"You can only directly upgrade to Ubuntu 7.04 ("Feisty Fawn") from
Ubuntu 6.10 ("Edgy Eft") (see UpgradeNotes)

      * Be sure that you have all updates applied to Ubuntu 6.10 before
        you upgrade

Note: If you have a version of Ubuntu which was released before Ubuntu
6.10, please see Installation/UpgradeFromOldVersion for information on
how to upgrade."

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk