Re: [LUG] re Kubuntu 7.04 Beta

On 4/15/07, Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do Ubuntu users have to update their entire distro from a CD / iso
image or can you migrate to the latest Ubuntu with 'apt-get update ;
apt-get dist-upgrade' as you can in Debian? (I don't see why this
shouldn't work in Ubuntu.)

Inexplicably, the Ubuntu people now discourage people from doing this, and steer people toward their auto-updater instead.
Personally, I think that this is because Ubuntu's upgrade path is now so broken that libapt is no longer capable of handling it...
God knows what you do if you're on a CLI. (Probably you moved to debian already, so you're in the clear...)

--
Ben Goodger
#391382