Re: [LUG] NAS Boxes Again!

I've been playing with http://www.freenas.org/ under VMware (although
I think im going to shove it on a "box 'o bits" later today).

After seeing the question I did a little searching on previous
conversations here regarding NAS devices, and found it mentioned.

I have to say, for a freebie its very well put together, and seems to
have support for most production setups that spring to mind.  I'm
going to fiddle with the whole disk encryption later too and see what
thats like.

The only downside really is the transfer speed under a CIFS
environment - although apparently this will improve soon and is down
to something busted in BSD, rather than freeNAS.

Overall, i'm impressed.