[LUG] NAS Boxes Again!

Hi All

Sorry to bring this up again - I promise the last time. My clients
have decided to go for a 1tb NAS Box and it is a choice between these
two:
<http://www.infrant.com/products/products_details.php?name=ReadyNAS%20NVPlus>
<http://www.synology.com/enu/products/CS406series/index.php>

Now to my mind the Infrant is superior technology by far but I wonder
if folks could give them the once over and tell me what they think.
The backup will be done to a usb2 hard drive.

I am also still open to hearing whether this is a good way to go as
opposed to building a computer and installing Debian, Fedora 4 or
NT(joke)....

Many thanks.
--
Rich