Re: [LUG] Ubuntu, Kubuntu which to start with ?

Ray Smith wrote:
> If I install kubuntu with the the desktop I prefer to start with what do I
> then need to do to get evolution working for mail ?

I've always used KDE, and I used to use Evolution for email.  All you
need to do is either a) make sure it is selected as one of your packages
at install, or b) download and install it afterwards.  Although a lot of
programs are *associated* with certain desktop environments, I don't
think there is a hard and fast rule that they*must* be used within them
[1].  I presume there are some packages that won't work outside their
designed environment, but Evolution is not one of them :)

Kind regards,

Julian

[1] Someone with more experience feel free to jump in if this is not
correct :)