Re: [LUG] Trouble with Knoppix

On Apr 10, 2007, Kevin Lucas was like:

> Just looking briefly at this thread, should the date be set in the BIOS
> first? press Del or F2 on boot to enter the setting.

Well, yes. I tried the BIOS but it is unbelievably primitive and there is
no option to set the date. What I did was set the date in the OS and then
did hwclock --systohc which should have transmitted the date to the clock
but didn't. So I am thinking that maybe the original problem was not that
the battery was dud but that it was not being charged up. What I have in
mind is that the laptop will be running a control application more or less
all the time so if I set the date when I fire up the OS I don't need a
battery at all. It's going well so far; I am finding out about tinycc...

Tony Sumner