Re: [LUG] Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 released

Neil Williams wrote:

>> Also any samba, dovecot issues would also be welcome warning.
>
> I don't use samba anywhere and the machine running dovecot remains
> running unstable.

dovecot undergoes major restructuring of it's config files between Sarge
and Etch -- read my blog entry posted earlier for details of what to expect.

It isn't hard to get from old to new, but if uptime is an issue, you
want to test this step first, and sort the changes needed on a test
server, rather than have everyones email down for the duration.

Samba was practically unusable in Sarge, are you sure you have an
original Samba, or did you use backports?

 Simon