Re: [LUG] Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 released

Robin Menneer wrote:

>     For whom is this package intended ?  Is it the newest thing since
>     sliced bread ? Or is it a product of wonderful enthusiasm and I'm
>     better sticking with my Ubuntu.  I don't want to change for the
>     sake of merely keeping up with the Jones.  Certainly I don't want
>     python or perl.

Reads to me as an information advisory for those interested in updating
Debian, or installing it to try out - basically giving anyone with an
interest in Debian the latest news.  As with everything Linux related
it's entirely up to you if you choose to have a look at it.  You won't
find support for older versions suddenly being dropped, unlike certain
other OSs I could mention *coughWindowscough*   - *reaches for a glass
of water* ;)

In a nutshell if you want and/or like Debian then this email is/was for
you.  If you're happy with what you have, feel free to stay put :)

Kind regards,

Julian