[LUG] mini - LInux beer hike - Torbay 2007

Hi

Just looked on the
http://www.linuxbierwanderung.org/ website for the Linux beer hike and
noticed they do mini meets / hikes for examnple this year its in
scotland,  this gave me the idea that we could do one in Torbay, Devon.

To this end I have

added their irc channel to the my xchat join list
pending fixing,  I will sign up to the mailing list for the
linuxbierwanderung. (which from now on will be refered to as LBW)  in
general .

Myself and tom are looking at Bank holiday monday to do a test run,
check out the pubs, along the way, timing, route info (if its suitable
for buggies, etc),  however main event I was thinking perhaps August, or
July,  (probably July as we have our annual BBQ in August).  But not a
bank holiday.  This also gives lots of time to get some free cd's
burned, or send for ubunutu ones,  to perhaps  hand out to curious
passers by,  (of which there may be many).

Just thought on the day,  we meet up in Paignton,  then set off for
brixham,  (I think its about 5 miles but i have no actual idea, except
for the fact you can see Brixham from Paignton),  returning either via
the ferry, (£5 I think) or bus (less than that),

Dress code - well dress for the climate,  this may not be a laptop, type
meet,  just a bunch of Linux people meeting, up,  if we work with the
LBW people we could end up with lots of Linux people turn up for the
trip,  But the more of us that wear, Linux / GNU related gear,  or
perhaps carry stuffed penguins,  wear badges, etc etc, the better.

Just thought this will make a change from our usual get together,  we
may also get to meet with other Linux users from around the country.

So is anyone up for this.

I was thinking perhaps a weekend, perhaps Saturday, or maybe even a Sunday.

Paul

--

Next meet - thursday 12th April 2007, Paignton Rugby club, 19:00 - 22:30

http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org

CHAT SERVICES

http://www.serfer.co.uk - http://cgi.serfer.co.uk/ type #serfer then press login.
PRFC CHAT ROOM - http://www.zleap.net/cgi-bin/irc.cgi

Saturday 21st April 2007 - Devon Cup final - Paignton vs Torquay at Queens Park,
Paignton, 3pm kick off.