[LUG] DRM and BBC

Hello all

I was reminded in Linux Format about the proposal to require DRM for the
proposed new service which I gather the BBC Trust is examining.  I wrote
to my MP about it quoting in full one article about the dangers of this
trend. He wrote to the Director General of the BBC on my behalf. It
struck me again that MP's are a good route to challenge these ideas and
promote open standards and all that implies. I think you will find many
MP's are already informed but further lobbying with (short) reasoned
argument will always improve their understanding.

I will let you know when I get a reply.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk