Re: [LUG] Microsoft petitioning to make XML Office format a standard...

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 22:43, Kai Hendry wrote:
> http://natalian.org/archives/2006/06/30/office-document-compatibility/
>
> Microsoft's office spec is horrible. Though for future reference I don't
> think ODF has too much of a future. I know for a fact it isn't used at
> Google docs for their native format.
>
> And with everything converging on to the Web platform, I would suggest
> HTML being the standard.
We could start a petition demanding that it is not accepted as a standard.
Novel - for all their bad press - have actually produced a OpenOffice
translator for MSOOXML.
This may not seem like much at first glance but if you consider that
organisations can now experiment with OpenOffice and maintain complete
compatability with their MSoffice setups I think its potentially the biggest
blow to M$ ever.
Tom te tom te tom