Re: [LUG] cheap laptops

Paul Sutton wrote:
> I found this site for cheap laptops if anyone is interested.
>
> http://www.student-laptops.co.uk/

Hmm, not quite as cheap as I was hoping.

Just in case anyone on the list has one kicking around...

I'm looking for an ultra cheap laptop to use as a second screen.
- Must have a 1024x768 screen
- IBM ThinkPad preferred
- T2x series preferred
- Doesn't need HDD, cd drive, floppy or anything.
- Built in ethernet would be useful but not essential.

I did manage to get one for 60 quid from ebay, but unfortunately the
company decided it would disappear 3 days later. Paypal refund still
pending (grrr- I'm kinda waiting until I get that back before I try again).

Any laptops you have kicking around and would give away or sell cheap
(less than 120 pounds) please post- I will consider almost anything
(even really old ones with tiny screens if you want to get rid of them-
I'm sure I could use it as a smaller third screen).

Simon