Re: [LUG] What open source contributions have you made this week?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:15:53 +0100
"Aaron Trevena" <aaron.trevena@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi chaps,
>
> Following through on my previous boast of doing a lot for 'charidee
> mate'^Wf^W free software..
>
> So far this week I've reported a bug in DBD::Mock, released a powerful
> distributed and resource constrained scheduler
> (http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk/opensource/scheduler.html), and plan to
> release Class::DBI::DBDMock this evening once I've packaged it up.
>
> Yes, there is a bit of a theme, so sue me I love Perl (it's my bitch,
> and I have a t-shirt that says so).
>
> The sub-theme is unit-testing - in the past year I've managed to
> really get into testing properly, beyond the skeleton "compiles, pod
> formatted, pod covers API, synopsis works" testing into unit testing
> the underlying subs, mocking databases, etc.
>
> Cheers

Can't resist, sorry.

This week? emdebian-tools 0.1.2 and 0.1.3, native Debian package
written in Perl that is in (rapid) development. 0.1.3 is a milestone -
the package is now ready for serious workloads cross-compiling Debian.

Updating and building infrastructure (in Perl) to support
cross-building toolchains for Emdebian supporting gcc-3.3, gcc-3.4,
gcc-4.0 and gcc-4.1 on arm, alpha, mips, mipsel, m68k, sparc, hppa and
a few others I've forgotten. That was a second milestone - the first
time such a full set of up to date toolchains became available for so
many target architectures on i386 and amd64 at the same time.

Cross-built and uploaded the first 20 packages of a rootfs for Emdebian.

New Debian Wiki pages explaining what I've been doing all this time.

Writing and updating documentation to go alongside the Wiki.

New (perl) build status tool that reports on progress within the
cross-build of the rootfs.

and it's only Wednesday.

My theme for the week: Emdebian. Actually, that's a bit of a theme for
the year.

Note: this is not a competition!!! Aaron's post just struck a chord,
that's all.
:-)

Now if someone can just organise an Emdebian T-shirt to go alongside my
DebianEtch T-shirt (designed by our own Simon Waters - take a bow
Simon!) and multiple Debian assorted garments, I'll be a happy DD.

--

Neil Williams