Re: [LUG] Replace the useless GTK filebrowser?

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:20:25 +0100
Simon Williams <systemparadox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, the GTK filebrowser and {the thing that gives you a list of
> appropriate applications for the filetype you are trying to open} are
> driving me completely insane.

Just select the most common folders to save things, click Add - your
favourite places will be remembered.

The rest is just firefox/iceweasel fluff - you could always try Galeon.

> Do other people honestly put up with this? How?

Because within gnome it works perfectly.

I MUST prefer this to the horrible KDE file dialog that just sits there
occupying 150% of the screen area, glowering at me with zillions of
icons and options that make absolutely no sense and which I'll never
actually use.
;-)

--

Neil Williams