Re: [LUG] Help Please - Gnome

On 17/03/07, David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Installed Gnome (Etch) late last night.  Previously used KDE.  Managed
> to make a desktop link (icon) to an URL - but have now forgotten how I
> did it :0

Best way is to drag a tab straight from firefox to the desktop :D I
guess it works with any app but it's a great way to do it.

If you're just starting to use Gnome I'd recommend taking a look at
the work this guy is doing:

http://njpatel.blogspot.com

It's all very early in development but I've found both his apps so
far, Avant-window-navigator and Affinity-search, to be really stable.
They've changed the way I work on the desktop and look great - only
problem is Avant needs composite...

Hope you enjoy Gnome :D

Jon