Re: [LUG] Linux-friendly web cams

On Thursday 15 March 2007 21:11, Michael Mortimore wrote:
> I'm sure you'll all be excited to know that my Logitech Quickcam
> Express II has arrived. I plugged it in, fired up kopete and it all
> works. No config required. Hup hup! Huzzah!
>
> On 3/6/07, Michael Mortimore <nospamformike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It looks like logitech are the winner here, and after looking at the
> > prices (£6!) I'm happy.
> >
> > Thanks.

It is of interest to me - I spend quite a lot of time fiddling with webcams.
2 things which would be useful to me,
the vid/pid numbers from the output of dmesg or similar
and the exact name/model number of the cam.
Is this the £6 cam that you ordered? I shall see what the make/model details
are and order a couple for converting to IR.
Mark