Re: [LUG] another waste of time for computers

On Friday 09 March 2007 22:42, james kilty wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 22:35 +0000, Mark Jose wrote:
> > Several people on the forum seem to have had success with Firefox and the
> > Beeb site videos, but Konqueror seems to be an issue for some reason.
> >
> > I will have a try myself at installing Real and see if I can get the
> > thing working  - it may yield some clues.
>
> Thanks Mark for taking this interest. I have 6.06. Would it do the same
> in Ubuntu?
>
> james kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

Not sure James - the issue seems Konqueror related , as I mentioned, Firefox
users seem to have no issues. I think installing the libxine-extracodecs
package would be worthwhile if you don't have it anyway - always useful, and
George seems to support that idea.
I would try the libxine stuff first, then, if still no go, try the realplay
package I mentioned which works here on the BBC videos.

Mark