Re: [LUG] another waste of time for computers

On Friday 09 March 2007 22:08, james kilty wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 21:45 +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> > The bin file may run but the i/o from it will be in a hidden terminal -
> > and if it asks  for input you wont see it - run it from the command line
> > as per my las note
>
> Thanks. Did all that. It seemed to install in stages with prompts for
> locations. The beeb page then seemed to do something new but left me
> with a blank window (on the way there seemed to be an attempt to set up
> something with the usual play button and time etc at the bottom) but the
> blanks took over - white stripes below the video window.
>
> Anything more I can do?
>
> james kilty
> http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

Not sure what is happening there James, but I discovered that it seems to be
beeb and Konqueror specific. A person mentioned the same sort of issue on the
Kubuntu forums - specifically that RP works but clicking the links on the BBC
pages does nothing at all -

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=13282.0

Sadly, no reply has been given as yet.

Several people on the forum seem to have had success with Firefox and the Beeb
site videos, but Konqueror seems to be an issue for some reason.

I will have a try myself at installing Real and see if I can get the thing
working  - it may yield some clues.

Mark