Re: [LUG] another waste of time for computers

Sorry to complicate things, but I dont have real player installed. I have the mplayer plugin installed with all the codecs (win-all-codecs I think) and it works fine for the video at least.

You can also use a firefox plugin like "adblock" which enables you to select the embedded part of the player and give a url (other plugins may do similar things), wget this file and you get the list of  raw urls you can type into mplayer and do a dumpstream on. For example a bbc three show has the two idents at the start and end as separate items, main video as the middle item. I have managed to download the video successfully using this.

Hope this helps someone!

In addition to this, if you are lucky enough to have an ISP which supports mediacast, you can view all the BBC channels and Itv too online and they also support linux and want feedback from linux users.
You can probably google for the website and email them, say you want to help with the trial.

On 3/9/07, Tom Potts < tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 09 March 2007 21:37, james kilty wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 20:55 +0000, Mark Jose wrote:
> > Yep - that means you have successfully changed it :)
>
> ? Permissions were OK and it was executable.
>
> >   Clicking the file should
> > now work.
>
> No. Same problem. Clicking the icon on the desktop does nothing obvious.
> I get the same error message from the beeb.
The bin file may run but the i/o from it will be in a hidden terminal - and if
it asks  for input you wont see it - run it from the command line as per my
las note
Tom te tom te tom