Re: [LUG] Vista from AUT Direct

Neil Stone wrote:
>>> check there is Vista drivers for the hardware inside your PC
>>
>> Didn't they used to say that about linux (but s/Vista/linux)? It seems
>> like M$ have gone backwards.
>
> they call it "progress"

Sounds like progress to me.

You can't advance computer systems, and make them forever backwardly
compatible. Well you can try, but you'll be blown away by people with a
more pragmatic approach to backward compatibility.

So when you upgrade stuff, things break.

Microsoft have finally made a release that changes something important
(as well as all the Icons, and other fluff). I might not like the way it
is heading, but it is progress to a goal, just not the goal I want to
head to.

Meanwhile -- I've had more kernel issues with 2.6, since 2.6.8, and seen
more on this list recently (like Peter's), are we sure that Linux (the
kernel) is headed the right way as regards integrating drivers? Is it
just me doing more, or is the kernel itself a tad wobblier than in the past?